- Have fun playing and dancing with John Henry.
- John Henry goes down for his nap with no fuss.
- Finish my final paper for my Competitive Strategy class.
- John Henry sleeps for 2 hours
Sounds pretty good so far, right???
Well then I had some errands to run. . .
Well then I had some errands to run. . .
- Deposit some checks at the bank
- Take Graduation gown to dry cleaners to have it pressed
While I'm there the woman asked me if I had gone to prom!!! When I looked confused the man working there asked if I was graduating from college, and then I realized. . . she thought I was graduating from high school! She apologized and said I just looked so young. I laughed and told her thanks! (for those who don't know. . . I'm 30 years old and graduating from graduate school)
Wow, this day is turning into a great day. . . or so I thought. . .
I noticed I was low on gas.
-Go to Costco to get gas
While I'm waiting for the gas to pump I take the time to put sunscreen on John Henry as we are both lovin' having the windows down and the sun roof open. Just as I am finishing I hear the gas pump make the clicking sound that means that it is finished. I toss the sunscreen into the front seat and turn around to grab the gas nozzle.
This is where the day really started to turn sour.
I am suddenly sprayed with gasoline that is still pouring from the gas nozzle.
AHHHH!
Turns out it was the person on the other side of the pump whose gas had finished pumping. I wasn't paying as close of attention as I should have because I was focused on getting sunscreen on John Henry. I've been driving for 14 years and never had something like this happen to me! My shirt and arms are now covered in gasoline! Luckily I have some baby wipes with me, so I wipe myself down as best I can.- ERRAND ADDED - go into Costco to buy new shirt because the one I am wearing is soaked in gasoline.
- Go into Costco bathroom to into new shirt and throw old shirt away.
OK, so the shirt I bought fit well, that was nice, however I still have a problem, my bra was also soaked with gas.- ERRAND ADDED Bra shopping (with a toddler)
Yeah, just the sound of that sounds nightmarish, right, well, we aren't quite there yet.- ERRAND ADDED- get lunch
I realize I forgot to eat lunch and John Henry probably wants a snack about now. I get a smoothie for us, having them split it into 2 cups, one for me and one for John Henry. (note: this is something I do on a regular basis- I gave it no thought.)-ERRAND ADDED buy new clothes for John Henry and take him somewhere to get him cleaned up.
OK, now I am ready to go bra shopping. I drive up to Alderwood Mall and when I arrive I find that John Henry has dumped his smoothie all over himself and proceeded to finger paint with it on every surface he can reach. (and I just thought he was being so quiet because he was enjoying his smoothie- silly me.)
OK, so I was able to do this a Macy's too. We caused some commotion in the bathroom, as John Henry was fascinated by the water faucets that turned on and off, but otherwise, we make it through.
The problem now is that the gas fumes from the gas that soaked through my bra are now giving me a headache and making me a little sick.- To the lingerie department!!!
I have NO IDEA what size bra I wear now that I have stopped nursing. (I have just been wearing my old nursing bras that are a little too big since then- I've never had the will to take JH bra shopping with me before.) I only know that it's somewhere in between my pre-pregnancy size and my nursing size. (a difference of 6 cup sizes!) John Henry, who is not exactly an enthusiastic shopper is beginning to whine. . . I grab three bras from brands that I know fit me well pre pregnancy. I try them on and people let me tell you. . .
Miracles Happen
One of those three bras fit me.
I seriously could not believe it. I pulled the tags off of it, went out, grabbed another of the exact same bra and paid for them. We were out of there in under 10 min. and not a second too soon for John Henry. (poor kid) ( and other good news my gigantic breasts are getting a little smaller- I'm only 2 cup sizes bigger than I was pre-pregnancy.)
OK, back to the other errands of the day. . .
- Old Navy for short sleeve shirts for John Henry and I
just a note- the Alderwood Old Navy has a terrible little boys section. It's tiny.- Ulta for my indispensable hair care product that I've been out of for a week.
And finally back home, dinner, and putting John Henry to bed (not that he's sleeping, but really, what did I expect?)
I am exhausted!
That is a little more adventure than I prefer in my every day life.
(I may not leave the house tomorrow.)
That is a little more adventure than I prefer in my every day life.
(I may not leave the house tomorrow.)
Now, if you will excuse me, my day is not yet over. I need to go clean the noodles off my kitchen floor, change the battery in the annoying chirping smoke alarm, wash our clothes from today along with the car seat cover, and finish up the first draft of my last MBA paper!


5 comments:
Oh. My. GOODNESS. Somewhere in there would have been a great time to call a friend for backup. You certainly needed and deserve it!
Well on days like that it's just good to write it down and be able to laugh about how you survived in years to follow. Carry On. Love you.
Yikes! Murphy's law seems to be in full swing. I did the same exact thing a few months ago at the Costco gas station. It was awful, I went into starbucks really quickly for a hot chocolate afterwards, and the manager starting telling his emplyees that he thought he smelled a gas leak. I had to explain it was me, haha. I hope today turns into an easier, more relaxing day for you!
Really enjoyed this one...WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!.....those good happening were just a way to ease you into a challenging day end.
All in a days work! One question though instead of all the extra trips why didn't you just go home? Is it a ways from home?
Post a Comment