Tonight Link and I were making jam and canning it in the kitchen after the boys had gone down for bed. About an hour after John Henry was (supposedly) asleep, I walked around the corner in the kitchen to where I could see into our living room. Then I heard a "Hi, Mommy!" I looked up to see John Henry, holding his triplet kitties and standing on the opposite side of the baby gate.
He had woken up, come downstairs, climbed the baby gate, found his kitties, played with a puzzle, and heaven knows what else before he revealed his sneaky ways to us. He was very pleased with himself.
 |
| John Henry fell in love with this Kitty on a trip to IKEA when he was about 18 months old. We once lost the kitty and a huge tragedy followed. I then purchased three more kitties to be sure that never happened again. Those kitties have been John Henry constant friends for the last year and a half, and really the only toys he has ever been emotionally attached too. |
Leo has taken to screeching when he wants attention, which is pretty much any time someone isn't paying attention to him. This kid LOVES people. In the car this can be difficult to deal with, as he is facing the rear of the car and the rest of us are facing forward. Today in an attempt to keep his screeching to a minimum I made his Sophie Giraffe dance above him, play hid and seek, give him kisses and squeak each time he did something. Leo thought this was the most hysterical thing ever and the screeching turned to peals of laughter. This little boy's laughter fills the world with happiness. So much fun! We'll keep Sophie close for when we need to hear that very happy sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment