Daily thoughts from the Wright Home.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An Adoption Meme

My friend Amanda tagged me for National Adoption Month. I figured I'd better get to it before the month was over!

Here are the rules:
1.Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share 6 adoption related things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

1. Both Link and I both knew without discussion and without doubt during my pregnancy with John Henry that the rest of our children would come to us through adoption.
2. We have always wanted our children close in age, so we started the adoption process as soon as we could.
3. We have a niece and a nephew who are adopted.
4. I have met so many people who were adopted, or have otherwise been blessed by adoption since we started this process, and it has been such a great blessing. I appreciate their encouragement and view point so much.
5. I love that I now have an excuse to take Lincoln's picture and even get him to smile for me. (He's never liked having his photo taken.)
6. We are so excited and anxious to meet our new family member. Not knowing when he or she will join us is so hard.

I will tag my family for this, Mom and Sister, so that they can share what experience they have with adoption.

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

you suck, I hate being tagged.

Happy Herrons said...

Parent profiles is the way to go - we adopted our first baby from them after six weeks. This time around we have been on about a year, but we hope to go to Arkansas next month and adopt another little girl (a private adoption). It looks like you are doing great! I'd be happy to answer any questions - Ann (Phoebe's friend)