
In our family we have a tradition of going out to breakfast on our birthdays.

Here we are at Phinney Mae's Cafe at the reasonable hour of about 10:00am. In the past we have sometimes risen as early as 5:00am so we could have breakfast before work- Link had the day off, so I also got to sleep in for my birthday! All-in-all an excellent way to start off a new decade!

Another birthday bonus is that my Mom arrived to spend some time with John Henry and help me get through midterms a few days ago. John Henry is loving having Grandma around to play with. Of course, they both went to breakfast with us. John Henry gobbled down his apple sauce and enjoyed sharing my omelet with me.

In the evening friends joined us for cake and ice cream. My mom made our traditional angel food cake (yum!) and also found a new dairy free ice cream that is really good! Three cheers for my Mom!

It was great to see friends we haven't seen for several months, as well as their adorable kids. They have a little boy who is just 12 days older than John Henry. They were so cute playing together.
Yes, it was a very nice birthday! Let's do it again next year!


4 comments:
Happy birthday! I crossed over last October and it feels pretty good. Now I'm a REAL grown-up right :-) JH is so stinkin' cute. I love the photo of him with his bink and mom kissing his forehead. That's the life!
Happy Birthday!!! I hope all of your birthday wishes come true.
Love that first pic of you. So happy that you had a Happy Birthday, keeping it simple. "W" says to send his Grandma back ASAP.
Yay! Happy Birthday to you!! Looks like you had fun.
Post a Comment