Daily thoughts from the Wright Home.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Happy Valentine's Day!

What a wonderful day!!!

It started out with me getting to sleep in (really really late, it was soooo nice!)

Then, Link gave me a wonderful valentines gift.

Photobucket

This may seem like a strange gift to some of you, but that just means you get to learn something new about me. I LOVE maps. I can spend a great deal of time studying them. This is the first really nice atlas I've ever owned. It is beautiful, highly detailed and includes amazing photographs, including each area of the world photographed from space. (Lincoln's a good one, I'm so lucky to have him!)

Next, Link and John Henry took a three hour nap. (Do you think we are a little sleep deprived?)

Photobucket

While they were sleeping I finished up Link's gift. It also reveals a little bit about his personality. He has been driving a lot lately for work, so I downloaded and burned several Western audio books onto CD's for him to listen to on his long drives. Yep, he likes Western literature and Western movies. This is one of the few areas of culture and entertainment I can not agree with him on, so driving in the car (while I am not there) seems like a great time for him to indulge in this particular pleasure!

My mom is still visiting with us, and she offered to take John Henry for the evening so that we could go out on a *gasp* REAL DATE!

Oh, we had such a wonderful time, it was amazing.

First, we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants

Photobucket
Yep, we took our camera into the restaurant and some nice man offered to take our photo for us!

We had delicious food, we weren't hurried along by a busy little body full of energy, and we enjoyed intelligent conversation on such topics as the economy, politics, business, and current events. There was no mention of poop, spilled milk, bedtime, or binkies! It was lovely!

After dinner we went ice skating. Again, we convinced some nice young lady to take our picture to share with all of you.
Photobucket

Neither of us has been ice skating for at least 7 years. It took some time for us to be stable on our skates again, but we were getting along nicely by the end of the evening.

It was an amazing, relaxing, hopefully soon repeatable day!

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

That close-up of you and Lincoln is PERFECT. You both look so cute. LUV your red glasses, very festive.

Megan said...

That looks like such a fun date! You two are so cute together. Happy Valentine's Day!

The Yarn Queen said...

Love the couple. That close-up of you two is perfect I agree with the Princess.

lindsay Roscoe said...

You should be careful ice skating. Codie 2 weeks ago fell dislocated and broke her wrist and in one. You guys look very HAPPY!