This is a problem for John Henry, especially since he is cutting two molars and needs to be constantly distracted.
I knew it was going to be a difficult day, I tried to plan appropriately.
First we colored.


We have these great crayon sticks, they are in a hard plastic case and twist out as they get worn down. They're great because if he chews on them he isn't eating wax. When he's teething, they aren't as great, because all he wants to do is chew on them.
Next, I made play dough while he watched Elmo. There is something mesmerizing about that little red monster.

The play dough was a total bust. He tried to eat it and screamed at me because it tasted bad. Then I tried showed him how to squish it with his hand, more screaming. It was actually quite funny.
A nap was next on the schedule- for both of us.
Before I laid down though, I made some cute magnets for the boy. He loves magnets (well, things that stick to the fridge) but we didn't really have any that were good for him to play with.

I printed some cute little animals on card stock and then stuck them to some magnetic flexible stuff that is sticky on one side. I trimmed them and then sprayed a thin layer of lacquer on them to help protect them a little bit from the (sometime grubby and not so coordinated) hands of the local toddler.

They were the hit of the day. He came back to them several times.

When dinner time came around his patience was pretty thin. Well, anything that makes a mess makes him happy. Check out the little man's go at feeding himself yogurt for the first time. This made him so happy it was ridiculous.

Lastly off to bed. This was actually totally uneventful. He's just learned how to sing EE-I-EE-I-O (has a little trouble with the O on the end so it sounds more like EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-EE-I O-O-O-O-O EE-I-EE-I- it's so adorable.) Anyway, we sing this while I'm changing his diaper and putting his PJ's on and he is a happy camper.
A bottle, a blanket, a bink and the kiddo passed out. It wasn't such a bad day, and tomorrow Link has the day off.
Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a date with some tea, some knitting, and eventually my bed.


4 comments:
Oh hope we haven't made a full circle of this goombooo. Stay healthy. Hope the boy gets feeling better.
Sounds like a great day!
What a fun day! Those animal pictures you found are really cute. (You would love a laminator. You could've laminated those pictures then stuck the magnet on back.) Those crayons are great. Yours seem to color extra bright which I love. Glad you made it through the day- get better!
I lOVED reading this day-in-the-life of John Henry. What a fun life he has and what a super mommy you are! Coloring, play dough, magnets and yogurt all on a day when you don't feel well?! I'm super impressed. :-)
Post a Comment