
Today was one of those days. Now, at the end of one of those days, I am sitting thinking about all the things I am particularly grateful for on a day like today.
1. Patient people (who tell me how adorable my child is.)
2. Good friends who give up the better part of a day to support me.
3. Diet Vanilla Coke (thanks for leaving some around the house, Mom, Sarah and I both needed it today.)
4. Ibuprofen
5. Good compassionate doctors
6. Advanced medical technology
7. A sister who has more drive and energy than the Energizer Bunny on steroids.
8. A flat rate long distance calling plan.
9. Priesthood blessings.
10. My couch.
11. Knitting (I would fall to pieces if I couldn't knit during times of stress)
12. The internet
13. A brother with incredible faith.
14. My vacuum
15. A child who makes me laugh, somehow knows that I need hugs and kisses from him when I am sad, and will eat nearly anything I give him. (All important things today.)
16. Fasting
17. The Scriptures
18. Cell phones
19. Miracles
20. A extra measure of energy and strength given to me by the Holy Spirit when I was sure that I could not go on.
Some of the things that made today such a hard day will no longer be a problem when I wake up tomorrow, but most of them will be.
However, the Lord gives us the resources and the blessings to go through the trials that he has prepared for us. When we are at the end of our own personal abilities, He is there to catch us when we collapse and carry us to the finish line.
That knowledge makes the future easier to face.


3 comments:
Wow, now I know it got worse from there. I'm sorry. Funny, you think I have so much energy. I was just telling mom I have so much to accomplish, I can't do any of it. But, then your comment gave me a burst of energy and I emptied 5 boxes, paid some bills, and got my internet to work, all in an hour, woohoo!
Well see it must be the air we breath that increases our energy. LOL
Okay and remember it's easy to eat that elephant if you do it one bite at a time.
Love You
I just left a message on your facebook group, but I will leave it here too.
I joined the yahoo group utahtransracialadoption and yesterday this was left as a message, so maybe it will work for you.
If anyone knows of anyone who is looking to adopt, (immediately!) there are some
birth moms due within days who haven't found the right match yet. Please pass on
this phone number so these babies can find their homes, 801-755-9523. It is
Yvonne at A Guardian Angel's number.
Thanks,
Diana
good luck
Post a Comment