Daily thoughts from the Wright Home.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Nursery

I thought it might be interesting for you all to see "The Kids' Room." (Notice how I made kids' plural and possessive?- Hope in all things, even grammar!)

Photobucket

This is where John Henry sleeps and where he has had bazillions of diapers changed. (exaggeration? you change that many diapers and tell me it's and exaggeration)
Lincoln and I, as well as our family members, contributed to creating a perfect place for John Henry in our home. We are looking forward to doing it again for our future children.
  • On the shelves are several of Lincoln's childhood toys.
  • Books are very important to us. John Henry (and future siblings) all ready has an impressive library, courtesy of family and friends.
  • The artwork at the head of the crib is my original artwork that I drew just for him while we awaited his arrival.
  • The two quilts hanging over the crib were made by my mom and my sister. (They are anxious to get started on the next set of quilts- just waiting to know what color to use- they are both hoping for pink. . .)

Photobucket

This is where we have spent many happy hours (and a few cranky hours) rocking, reading, nursing and snuggling. This side of the room is a little bare decoration wise. We are waiting to learn how it should be decorated.

There is also a queen sized bed and a nice play area in a bay window in this big room which was designed to be the master bedroom, but which we decided would make a better kid room. They seem to need more room than we do. Our bed and single dresser fit nicely into the smaller bedroom.

3 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Your kids are lucky to have parents that gladly let them take over the master bedroom :) I love how you decorated the nursery- so much color and fun!

Megan said...

Really lovely colors in this room! I love it. Hoping another child will you join you soon!!

Liz said...

I love how you decorated that room and the color is so bold! If I tried something like that, it wouldn't be as great!