We planned a little get away to Portland.
Link arranged for his cousin to watch John Henry for the evening and we went OUT!
Dinner was at the infamous Dan and Louis' Oyster Bar.
Let me not recommend this place to anyone who is allergic to dairy and has a hard time with fried food- otherwise, it was pretty good.

The place is super old and part of Portland's history. We're all for experiencing history and in this department we were well satisfied!

There were hundreds of old plates with all sorts of interesting things all over the walls. There was also this cool old letter about some guy who was harvesting oysters illegally from a little town 100 years ago. (Yeah, old stuff amuses us.)
Then we ate. Link has the oyster soup because that is what the place is famous for.

None of that for me, thank you very much!

I had a sampler plate, was reminded that I don't like razor clams but I LOVE deep fried halibut. Oh how I wish my stomach (on both the inside and the outside) agreed with it better.
Anyway, it was just very nice to have dinner without any food being thrown at us or screaming going on. (The little man does make for good dinner entertainment, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!)

Then outside we ventured. Portland has some very beautiful buildings.


We snapped a few photos of each other in front of some of those cool buildings.
Then we walked up to a carnival thinking of riding the Ferris Wheel, but showed our age when we decided that it wasn't worth $20.
We closed out the evening with a lovely hour spent in Powells, the most fun you can have in a book store! (and I feel like I can have quite a bit of fun in almost any book store, so that is saying something!)
Happy anniversary Link, I love you more and more every day and every year!


4 comments:
would you mind if I linked your site on my adoption blog?
http://ouradoptionstoryjulia.blogspot.com/
ashley.rittman@gmail.com
Found you through the r house. We are from Seattle, I miss it! We just moved to AZ for dh's job, and if we were still in Seattle I would totally buy one of your adorable hats for our baby, but we don't need wool hats in az. :) Maybe crochet/knit a light weight cotton one??
Anyway, good luck finding #2!!
Happy anniversary! Eight years sounds like so long compared to our wimpy 3-years. I love seeing how you care for and support each other. You are a great team.
Happy anniversary!! Time does fly doesn't it? We are fast approaching 11 years!
Post a Comment