Daily thoughts from the Wright Home.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Wedding Bells in Portland

We loaded up the SUV late (LATE!) Thursday night and headed to Portland to help prepare for and celebrate the marriage of one of Link's cousins.

While we were there it was necessary for me to repeatedly introduce myself and explain how I am related to the family. I kept getting strange looks when I would explain that I was the wife of one of the groom's cousins.

Photobucket
John Henry trying to get into things he shouldn't!

I finally figured out that people thought it was strange that the spouse of a cousin would be there all day, helping to get ready and lending as much support as possible to the family. It occurred to me that most people are not as close to their cousins (and their cousins' spouses) as Link and I are to his Portland family.

Photobucket
Link helping out John Henry when his little legs just wouldn't run any around any more, but there was still so much to see!

I feel very lucky to be a part of Lincoln's family. They are some of the most wonderful people on the plant and I love them very much. I am so blessed that they have welcomed me into their family with such openness and warmth.

Photobucket
Stopping by for a quick hug from Mommy before the exploration continued.

I also had the wonderful opportunity to "shoot" the beautiful bride and groom while we were down there! Thanks S. and T. for the fun photography session. Here are a few of my favorites.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of those photos are beautiful, Megan. You have such skill. Also? Those shoes are crazy-gorgeous!

:-)
Kelly

Phoebe said...

JH is adorable, as always, I love the couple pics. Especially the B&W of the bride.

kelgrandy said...

Link- I have to admit that I found your blog by "blog-stalking." I've just briefly read some of the posts you and Megan have written. I am glad to hear that you are so happy and saddened to hear about the trials you have faced as a couple. I wish you the best of luck as you go through the adoption process. I don't know Megan, but I know you and there is no doubt in my mind that a child would be incredibly fortunate to call you daddy. You have the biggest heart! Have you guys ever considered adopting a child with special needs? Having our little Ben has brought us so much joy. Anyhow, keep in touch- we have a blog too!

happy-in-holland.blogspot.com