
So, it's a little strange to me to write a post about my own behavior, but I had an emotional and motherly moment today that I thought I'd share.
I watched coverage of inauguration today with John Henry sitting in my lap. I felt so blessed and grateful to be raising my child (and future children) in this amazing promised land. As Ms. Franklin sang the national anthem John Henry perked right up and I started, briefly, to sing along. However, after just a few words he was again listening to Aretha's voice alone. My emotions had overcome me. I sat with my son on my lap, listening to the Queen of Soul celebrate this momentous day, overwhelmed with love for this country, with gratitude for the great sacrifices that have been made to create this greatest of nations, and proud to call myself and American.
I look forward to teaching my children the divinely lead history of this country and sharing with them my love for this great land of opportunity.


1 comment:
Amen.
I'm proud to be an American too.
We are blessed beyond our own limited knowledge and humbled because of it.
Post a Comment